Adult Yoga Classes
Yoga makes you feel happy, healthy, alive!
I teach Hatha Yoga, with elements of Anusara Yoga. Anusara is a joyful yoga focusing on wonderful alignment principles to help a safe practice and heart opening to empower and uplift.
I aim for classes to be supportive of each student as an individual, a balance of energising and relaxing through yoga poses, breath and meditation techniques and above all fun!
In my classes you will always have a warm up at the beginning and relaxation at the end of class. In between you will find a mix of yoga poses, sometimes linked in a flowing sequence (vinyasa) and sometimes staying in a pose for a few breaths to work more deeply on alignment and feel the pose more deeply. You will always be guided by the breath and mindfully of good alignment to help you stretch safely for your body. I encourage you to challenge yourself within poses, always giving alternatives for you to work at the right pace and level for your body. I also teach breathing (pranayama) and meditation within class.
Monday 7.45pm Rudheath (mixed level class) - The Venue, Gadbrook Road
Wednesday 12.15pm Cuddington (gentle and restorative) - Cuddington & Sandiway Village Hall, Norley Road
Thursday 9.30am Cuddington (gentle yoga) - Cuddington & Sandiway Village Hall, Norley Road
Thursday 8.15pm Castle (mixed level class) - Castle Community Centre, Barbers Lane
Yoga makes you feel amazing, its benefits include:
- Toning and strengthening the body
- Increasing stamina, stability, core strength and flexibility
- Improving digestion, circulation and hormonal systems
- Increasing lung capacity for more efficient and effective breathing
- Lowering blood pressure
- Better awareness of body, breath and mind and how to use them more effectively.
- Reducing stress - Balancing the body's Sympathetic Nervous System (fight or flight) and Parasympathetic Nervous System (rest and digest) for physical and mental well-being.
- A calmer mind and an increased capacity for being in the present moment.
- Continuing these positive effects beyond the yoga practice to become more permanent in everyday life.
To book click on the button below to take you to my booking system Punchpass.
Please fill in a booking form before you come to class you can find it by clicking the button below.