Mum and Baby Classes
Mum and Baby Yoga Classes in and around Northwich
A lovely combination of postnatal yoga for mums and gentle baby yoga movements for baby.
Suitable from 6 weeks to approx 12 months postnatal, following any kind of birth.
Wednesday - 1.30-2.30pm - Cuddington & Sandiway Village Hall, Norley Road
Friday - 1.15-2.15pm - Dave's Gym, Off Station Road, Northwich
Mum and Baby classes are gentle, caring, fun, safe places for mums (or dads!) to enjoy an uninterrupted hour or so with their baby without the worries and concerns of day to day life. Classes are specifically designed for new mums to bring your body gently back to alignment, closing those overworked areas after pregnancy and birth, and supporting your journey in recovering strength and tone in a safe yet challenging way.
Babies are integrated into class with simple Baby Yoga movements based on the principles and postures of yoga which will help you and your baby to communicate, bond and best of all relax.
We focus on shoulders, upper back, lower back, and core, integrating Birthlight Yoga’s deep pelvic floor toning and ‘core strength’ micro-movements. Breathing and relaxation techniques will help you to re-balance, rejuvenate and re-energise for life with a new baby.
Yoga poses and movements are given at varying levels to suit each individual. We work on gentle progression over the first 6 months postnatal to avoid long term problems of joint instability and hypermobility. This leads to a secure transition to stronger poses after 6 months and rejoining general yoga or other exercise classes.
I am passionate about the benefits that Mum and Baby Yoga can bring to babies and parents. My classes bring some useful ways to support life with a baby, whether that’s different ways to hold and carry your baby, fun rhymes and movements where you can share a smile or laugh with your baby, or relaxation techniques you can use at any time for a bit of calmness in a busy day. All movements support your baby’s development stage.
Classes are very sociable and you will walk out feeling more balanced, stronger and refreshed. No previous yoga experience is necessary.
Although it is usually mums who come along, dads, grandparents and carers are welcome. These classes are a great follow on from Baby Massage. Please note that this class is not suitable for crawling babies.
Classes are baby-led. Feeding, changing and soothing are all part of the flow of the class as each baby requires.
The benefits of Baby Yoga include:
- in lifting and handling your baby
- in communicating with your baby
- the development of your bond with your baby
- your baby’s natural physical development
- digestion problems
- sleep problems
- gentle exercises – great for postnatal recovery for mums
- techniques for relaxation with your baby
- gentle exercises to use throughout baby’s development at home
- meeting other parents and babies
- finding some peace and calm in your busy day
- techniques with your family
The Benefits of Postnatal Yoga
- pelvic floor
Builds confidence in:
- reclaiming your body
- lifting and handling your baby
- flexibility in joints whilst ensuring their stability
- efficiency of breathing
- hormonal balance
- realign the spine after pregnancy and birth
- relieve stiffness in the shoulders and back
- relieve postnatal depression
- bonding between mother and baby
- relaxation and deep rest
- nurturing yourself and renewing your energy
- ‘me time’ without leaving your baby
- socialising with other mums and babies
- slowing down to enjoy the journey of the first few months of motherhood
To book click on the button below to take you to my booking system Punchpass.
Please fill in a booking form before you come to class you can find it by clicking the button below.